Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Young India: Politics


Since childhood we are told India is a great country, our leaders were presented as heroes, our culture is the best and we should take pride in it.  Do we really understand the iconic meaning of the terms like- great, hero and culture ? Do we? Well, who the hell am I to talk about these perspectives ? Perhaps not the most apt person, maybe ! Nevertheless, if I can prove my point with a short write up I will try rocking the boat; being a young Indian (Well, I still consider myself young ;)). I am not writing this against corruption, racism or against any such practice. It is just about a muse I want to share with Indian youth and perhaps for a coup to a vision.
Happenings of recent past  has set in a sense of cynicism, anguish  and anger among the people. We are blaming politicians and leaders for all the woes. But isn't politics a reflection of soceity. Where do we get our leaders from? From Mars or Venus? Today's youth will be tomorrow's leader and politician. Then why not blaming ourselves rather than blaming politicians. I am not supporting politicos by any means, but what is the use of mulling the past and not working on future. A person while entering politics thinks only of  power, not the responsibilities. I remember a dialogue from Sam Raimi's Spiderman "Great power comes with great responsibility". Indeed true, but do we follow that?
Considering the current state of politics in India be it financial scams, sex scandals or chiding opposition (from both sides) we often say the sate of politics is filthy. But who elects these politicians? They try dividing on the basis of religion region caste and language  and we get divided. I have been living in Germany for a long time now which some people call racists but believe me I never felt that sort of thing in here,  I had more of it in India living in different cities. As Indian we are so individually self centred that we have lost a vision for the future we need or we consider utopia. Given this, we are getting what we deserve.
Well what we had till now cannot be altered; past is past, tomorrow can be fixed. The youth that enters politics should pause and ponder. The youth that votes should analyse. The youth in bureaucracy should rationalise. We have to give up the thinking that politics is ugly. It might be dirty but some has to enter in order to clean it. We have certain traits and trends in politics running for ages but everything that is old and traditional need not be good. If we have a positive intention good vision it is very much achievable . I do not expect everyone should enter politics but it is definitely everyones responsibility to contribute to its betterment in his or her own way.
If you want a change you have to be a part of it.
cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment